Ocklynge School caters for children aged 7-11 and since its opening in September
1972 there have been a number of extensions and improvements to the building. In
addition to the classrooms the school now benefits from having a multi-purpose hall
with stage, a second carpeted hall used for drama, dance, etc., a music room, practical
room for arts and crafts, a refurbished library, special needs rooms, a sports pavilion,
a recording studio, a swimming pool and two fully equipped computer suites.
The school Aims are:
1. To help the children towards the realisation of their full potential.
2. To help the children to develop enquiring minds and the ability to listen, concentrate
and apply themselves to tasks.
3. To develop children's self-reliance, confidence, and the ability to work both
independently and co-operatively.
4. To appreciate and value each child's contribution and celebrate their achievements.
5. To instil respect and understanding for religious and moral values and tolerance
of races, religions and ways of life.
6. To help the children learn courtesy, good manners, and consideration for others.
Welcome to Ocklynge Junior School where we believe very strongly that every child
Here at Ocklynge, we provide children with a broad curriculum and the opportunity
for personal achievement through daily challenge in a caring, happy environment.
Ocklynge has a strong team of well-qualified, experienced teachers and support staff,
all of whom work closely together for the benefit of all the children in our care.